A note from the Founder.
Thank you for taking the time to go through our first newsletter, I hope you've enjoyed the content and are here for the ride.
I just want to use the last couple of lines of every newsletter to share some of my thoughts, whether it's sleep related or not.
This month, I'd like to share a bit on how I (try to) live my life. I'm no philosopher, nor do I claim to know the secret of life. But these are some rules/processes/habits that have helped me tremendously:
1. The body benefits from movement, the mind from stillness (daily exercise will benefit you in every aspect of your life. But stillness or 'boredom' is the foundation of creativity - make time for it)
2. Seek passion, but don't expect it to make it easy (passion will give you purpose, but don't expect to love every second of your life because you do something you're passionate about - it's still hard work)
3. Design your environment to make the good habits easy and the bad habits hard (willpower is like a muscle, it gets fatigued - make sure you don't need to use it too much. Want to eat healthy? Make sure you only have healthy things at home)
4. Do you, follow your path. It's the right one (David Forster Williams wrote: "I stopped caring what others think about me when I realised how seldom they do". I find this liberating)
5. Be aware of the power of compounding in every aspect of life (1% improvements every day compound to HUGE achievements, same goes for consistent habits)
These simple rules have helped me more than I can explain, I hope it might do the same for you. And if you trip up, that's ok. You're human and this life is sometimes hard.
These rules are simple, not easy.
If you're still reading: thank you.